Ellen’s Macaroni & Cheese
Ellen’s Macaroni and Cheese
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese which is creamy and delicious!
- 1 lb. of Elbow Macaroni
- 2 lb Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (Shredded) The sharper the better!
- All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Milk Whole is best 🙂
- Grease the inside of a a large Corningware casserole container with butter stick
- Cook elbow macaroni for 1/2 the time specified on the noodle box. You will undercook the noodles in this step so they don’t get overcooked when placed in the oven. For example, if the package says 5-7 minutes, take the lower time (5) and divide in half. In this case, you would boil for 2.5 minutes.
Build the Layers
- Spread out each ingredient evenly from bottom to top: A.) Macaroni (bottom)B.) Cheese (Be very generous )C.) Flour (use sifter for best results)D.) Pepper E.) Dabs of of butter (top)
- Repeat above layer sequence until casserole dish is full.
Store & Cook
- Set in fridge until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, pour milk into casserole and fill 80-90% to top.
- Cook at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Top should be brown and crispy.